Faux Hardwood Floor for under $15

I learned this trick for transforming regular kitchen cabinets into 'redwood' cabinets from Nate Berkus. I started thinking about how I wish I had hardwood upstairs in my office so that my pictures looked a little classier. Nothing about berber carpet screams 'classy'. Then the lightbulb went off. I'd make a floor using Berkus' technique.

What I used:




- 2ft by 4ft plywood board. Home depot had a lot of boards to choose from. Mine cost about $5

- 8 faux redwood tiles, 12" by 12". These are sold individually, are $1 per tile and have a sticky back. 
These were the only individual 'wood' sticky back tiles they had but Home depot has a ton of flooring to choose from. Vinyl tiles that look like stone to nice real hardwood looking planks you can piece together. Pricing varies and the nicer the 'wood' the more expensive it gets.  

That's all you need. 

Once you peel off the paper backing of the tile it's ready to stick to your board. I did 2 rows of 4. There's a small border at the front and to the right of the board because it's not exactly 2ft by 4ft. But it's not noticeable in photos. 



Voila. Hardwood floor.




1 comment:

  1. Iron chain titanium tube - baojititanium.blogspot.com
    Iron chain titanium tube | baojititanium.blogspot.com. 전라북도 출장마사지 Iron chain 논산 출장샵 titanium tube | baojititanium.blogspot.com. Iron chain 구리 출장마사지 titanium 양주 출장샵 - baojititanium.blogspot.com. titanium tube Iron chain titanium | baojititanium.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete